Monday, December 7, 2009

Stablelight


My first real foray into texturing photos. I've done photoshop work with layers and such many, many times before, but I never really ventured into the "texture photography" or "digital art" realm of things before. I've thought about it. Sometimes I really like textured photographs, but I am very picky about it.

As such, I would really enjoy feedback on this one. Initial reactions are totally fine, even (and especially) if you don't like it or aspects of it. Should I try more like this?

For comparison's sake, here's the original (untouched photo, which I almost deleted because lighting is bad, etc):


To go from point A to point B, I introduced and messed with five textures, playing with transparency levels a lot and then going in and manually tweaking areas between layers. It was fun, and actually a lot quicker than I had anticipated. It probably only took two hours, not including the search for free, usable textures.