Thursday, December 3, 2009

I'll be at home


The first real snow of the year! Technically it did snow a week or so ago, but it was really wet mush flakes, so I didn't count it. It didn't collect on the ground at all, after all. But tonight, we got our first ground-covering snow. At least an inch of it!


So, me being me, I naturally grabbed my camera and rushed outside. Used my new lensbaby, of course. Though, I had a bit of trouble because the snow was falling onto my camera and leaving little wet "kisses" on the lens and screen, so focusing was nearly impossible. Plus I think I got a little steam on the camera at one point. But anyway. I like the mood of the shots. =)


I left the first and last with a little blue saturation, mainly to bring out the little blur of light more in the first image (a back porch light, actually), and the streaks of snow coming down were more pronounced with a bit of blue for the last one. For the middle, I desaturated mostly everything except for a bit of green, magenta, and a touch of yellow. (Essentially a modified version of the "aged photo" setting I like so much.

Now if only I could convince the Nissen (Norwegian house "gnomes") to do the shoveling tomorrow morning...