Sunday, November 29, 2009

One Look


I took the morning off from piecing code together, and instead went through the new photos I took. As I suspected, only 1 in 4 photos were any good, fewer than that considered (by me) to be actually good. But, that's to be expected when learning to work with a new lens. Especially lenses as touchy (and brilliant) as Lensbabies. =) I'll probably post later about what I've learned about the lens and its current relationship with my camera.

This is probably my favorite of the bunch, an eye shot of one of Toler's paddock buds. I really like the mix of the lensbaby effect and the sharpness of the double glass optic--gives the great quality of a good dslr lens with just a little punch. I also like that, for once, the horse's eye isn't reflecting the surroundings--the light was just right.

4 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

You know, it is so nice to hear people speak with so much passion about what they love doing. It helps outsiders--like me--understand. Passion is universal. That is the reason why I always trying knowing the people who work on the same work field as the characters in my MS. It makes my writing sound more real. If I ever need a photographer. I know exactly where to go ;)

Emma said...

Magaly, I totally understand and agree with you--maybe because I do the same thing as a writer? And yes! Always here. ;)

Sam Pardue said...

Gorgeous photo! Very nice use of the Lensbaby here. Lensbaby is having a call for submissions for a photo book. I would encourage you to submit this image!

Emma said...

Samuel, Thank you! You know, I was just looking at that this morning, and your comment definitely sealed the deal, so-to-speak. I might wait a few days or so; maybe I can come up with a second image. We'll see. Thanks again!