Saturday, December 13, 2008

Portal


I love wandering around in nature. Sometimes you just find those breath-taking spots that somehow, you just stumble upon them as though the whole time you'd been walking on an unknown path. Well, finding this tree was one of those times. It was right next to the rocky cliff of a shoreline to Lake Michigan. It reminded me of something a forest spirit or a little gnome would live in, a tree that, if it were larger or I was a small child, I'd dwell in every chance I got--make it "my" space. Well, anyway, I love this tree.

2 comments:

v said...

Beautiful pic, Thora! For some reason it reminds me of Pan's Labyrinth.

I should get outside more. (:

StarStrider said...

Thanks!

Maybe it reminds you of the hollow tree she goes in to.

You should; outside is nice. =)