Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Down from the door where it began


Haha. A photo of a Hobbit house someone up North built down by their mailbox. It's just so cute with the little rocking chair. The whole thing is maybe two feet tall (to the top of the hill). I kept swearing I was going to stop and take a picture of it, and we finally did one morning. Title from Tolkein's poem "The Road Goes Ever On" (referred to as "the walking song" by Frodo and Bilbo in LOTR, I believe).

The Road Goes Ever On
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Definitely one of my favorite poems, so I had to quote it just in case not *everybody* had heard it before. XD