Saturday, August 21, 2010

Personal Jungle


Broad-leafed plants always make me think about what life would be like as a small creature. Like a chipmunk. (Especially a chipmunk. They're so cute. Maybe it's because I watched a lot of Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers as a child. Anyone remember that show? Haha.) I would definitely make a little hideout under plants like these. It'd be like a personal little jungle.

Anyway. This is the first photo I have ever processed with Lightroom's "Direct Positive" preset and actually liked. Usually it's just far too much for me and I'd rather make subtle changes with color saturation myself. But for this image, and one other that is very similar (same type of shot, but with a different plant), it wasn't overwhelming. Just radically vibrant and "popping." It's always nice to finally appreciate a style of processing.