Friday, October 23, 2009

VIII Bo

Falling away.
Unfavorable to have somewhere to go.

From my Hinge of the Way series. I know, you probably thought I'd never post another one, right? I wasn't happy with the quality of the other ones, so it took a while for me to get around to re-doing my digital copies. I set up a rather elaborate easel and tripod and curtain arrangement during a gray day, so as not to get any light reflecting off the photos while still getting them light enough to take pictures of. Not my favorite thing, taking photos of photographs...I'm much happier now, though, which is what matters. ;)

You'll also notice that I'm doing something a little different with this one. I've included the Decision lines for the gua this image is titled (randomly) after, provided by Huang's translation. (I really love working with the I Ching myself, and Huang's translation meshes really well with me.) See what you make of the two together.