Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Every Inch


Things have been a little crazy lately. Did some yard work and picked a ton of apples, then I helped move boxes for most of a day, made a trial batch of applesauce, and today our modem blew and took out our tv, internet, and phoneline (it was our AT&T U-verse gateway box).

I took a few experimental photos this morning of horses in Toler's paddock--mostly eye shots and the occasional shot like this, returning a little to my Hinge of the Way series. The reason? I wanted to try taking and working with photos in RAW format. Yes, until now I have not shot in RAW but in JPEG. That might not mean much to non-photography gurus, but most serious digital photographers made the switch as soon as it was an option. I just never thought about it. I mean, really, how big of a difference could there be?

Um, a HUGE one. All the RAW photos I took this morning are so much more vibrant, and obviously easier to work with in a digital lab. There's so much more flexability to it. The downside is that RAW format takes up a bit more space, so I probably won't be using it for everything. But for photoshoots and personal projects, I'm definitely making the switch.

By all means, click on the images to see them full-size. =)


In other news...I might be a little lacking in everyday posts for a bit. I'm going to buckle down and work--there's an equine art competition I'd like to enter, so I've got to get some images chosen and finalized. I also have to make hundreds of batchs of applesauce, winterize the horse trailer, and prune everything with a branch around the house. Fun.

2 comments:

v said...

Jeez, if that was only a man's skin ripped with muscles. Sigh.

Wonderful pics, darlin'! (:

Emma said...

@Gran: lol! And thanks. =)