Friday, October 30, 2009

These corners


I was going to post this last night, but I got tired and didn't want to wait for uploads and such. So, I'll make another post today to make up. ;)

This probably seems like an unusual image for me to be posting. Lately I've been a little shutter-happy, but there's not currently anything for me to take pictures of, so I've been shooting a bunch of random things around the house with my macro-fitted lensbaby, just trying to capture details of the house I've spent my whole life in. All the tiny patterns and light refractions and textures I've spent my life around, slowly absorbing them. You know when you look at something, and even though you knew it was always there, you somehow never quite saw it? That's sort of how it's been--a meditation of re-examining. How many of these tiny, meaningless details have shaped my consciousness, the way I view the world? It's fun to think about, and even more fun to explore with a camera.