Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sometimes Voices Lie


Sometimes Voices Lie was my first real photo series. I'd had big plans for the series (done for a photography final in college), but I was lucky enough to come down with pneumonia the month I had for working on it. I fluctuated between being healthy enough that I only coughed quite a lot to not being able to walk down the hall. So. Instead of finding subject matter outside, I found everyday objects to transform through my Lensbaby (2.0) with my +4 or +10 macro lens-attachments. I then decided that I would pair every image with a line from my novel in progress. The idea was to push the boundaries between what you saw and what you wanted to see after reading the quote.

This image, called Vardøger, had the following quote paired with it: "Naessa followed the whim of a laugh through the dream-forest, the laugh weaving between the trees like a whir of light."