Monday, January 10, 2011

Forest of Light

I almost deleted this one. I took it before thinking to readjust my exposure settings so things wouldn't be quite as overexposed. Then when I got home and looked through all the photos I'd taken (all 1000+ of them...), I liked this one so much more than the properly exposed versions. I just love the presence of light in it.

Not deleting photos "on scene" is actually a rule in digital photography, and this is precisely why. Until you can see it on a screen bigger than two thumbs put together, you just don't know. (Truth be told, I do still delete photos on scene, but only when something thoroughly disastrous occurred, such as it being obviously blurry or obviously ruined in another way. I probably shouldn't, but I do just for that extra bit of card space.)