Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sway


Maybe you remember the old barn from our cottage? Well, I took a ton of photos of it when I was up there a few weeks ago. From just about every angle I could think of. There was a wonderfully atmospheric dark, brewing sky (it rained pretty much every day we were there), so I took a lot of shots with the intention of turning them black and white. Oh, I so miss the Hasselblad and its rich black and white radiant capture capabilities. But these turned out pretty well, I thought. I would have liked more contrast, like I got out of We Who Enter Here. But, the gloomy darkness of the above shot really works for me.


This one was wonderfully vibrant in color, but that didn't translate very well into b/w. I pushed the color levels on it, though, especially the yellow and orange, and now I'm fairly happy with it. There aren't any real highlights in it, though, which is why it feels much flatter. And you know, when I was taking it, I thought I wouldn't like the tire tracks leading into the field. But it works out all right; gives it a little extra depth and curve into the frame.