Saturday, February 12, 2011

Foalhood Dreams I



Another photo originally from the reject pile. I cropped it a little bit and decided to leave in the scrawny tall tree on a whim. I still can't decide if it's distracting or simply properly balancing, though.

I processed this one on the under-exposed side of things, dropped saturation level, and boosted the black clipping for a silhouette. A touch of extra brightness to give it that sunlit glow.

And then I did something a little crazy--something I've never done on a photo before. I decided there was too much detail. Too much sharpness. So I used noise reduction technology to give the pixels and the colors some softness while keeping the edges crisp. I'll admit that I *love* the effect of that on the trees, but I'm still trying to decide if I've crossed some invisible line into digital art-photography I'd never intended to cross.