Thursday, October 21, 2010

Stoic


The lighting and sky was perfect when I was out taking photos of the filly, so of course I photographed Toler when I went to get him from the paddock. He was rather unenthusiastic at the prospect of going in--he and his buddies were in the far corner flirting with the mares.

I did very little with this image in Lightroom--I desaturated it and burned in the corners a little, and punched up the contrast just a hair. Sadly, photos like this lose quite a bit of vibrancy once I export them. I'm sure it's because Lightroom's in-program color space is a custom model of a color space that is not offered in the export options, which gets annoying. Besides all that, though, this image is really starting to grow on me. I was also surprised that despite the huge amount of dust out there (it's really awful, actually), you can't really tell in the photos, which is nothing short of awesome.